Continuing with a more in depth review of the DVD series – Towards Belief. This is the last one in he series and looks at how people come to faith.
• This episode includes testimonies of how people came to faith – sometimes unwillingly
• Some see belief as a crux to get through life, in order to cope with reality
• Some see it as a weak resolution to a intellectually fragile belief
• But Christian faith is based on historic evidence, and is not merely blind faith
• “Jesus performed many other signs in the presence of his disciples, which are not recorded in this book. But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name” (John 20:30-31). Belief based on evidence.
• Faith is not about being good enough but asks the question: are you willing to be forgiven?
• People come to faith by searching for truth, reading the Bible, interacting with others, supernatural intervention, existential angst. Then it becomes personal
• Not just an intellectual shift but something happens in a person’s heart
• Not something you are born into but something that make a practical difference in people’s life