Towards Belief : Science & God
Continuing with a more in depth review of the DVD series – Towards Belief. This week looking at Science & God.
• There is a difference between mechanics and agency
• Science is neutral about faith
• Science explains how but not why. How? is science. Why? is theology.
• Science does not answer the question – what does this mean about the world?
• The prestige of science gets used to add weight to the scientist argument
• The ‘new atheists’ claim to be interested in evidence but they are not
• The ‘new atheists’ often speak outside their field
• If scientist believe in evolution they need to answer the question, where does morality come from?