How did God inspired the Bible?
In 2 Timothy 3:16 we read: All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness.
The term “God-breathed” means inspired. But how did God inspired his thoughts to be written down?
1. Did God allow particularly gifted or “inspired” men to compile a history of events? But would this really be God inspired?
2. Did God just inspired men to write and left it up to them to decide what to include and what to leave out? Would this accurately reveal God’s thoughts?
3. Perhaps only parts of the Bible are inspired and therefore the Bible just contains the word of God rather than is the word of God? But how would we know which parts were really inspired?
4. Did God inspire men with ideas and let them write using their own words? Would this accurately reflect God’s intentions?
5. On the other hand, did God inspire the words by dictating the Scriptures word for word and completely overpowering the authors?
6. Or perhaps the inspiration happens when we read the Bible?
My thoughts in my next post.