Book Review : Surprise the World
Surprise the World : the five habits of highly missional people by Michael Frost is only a short book but explains a simple model of missional living. Frost desire is see Christians become more intentionally missional in their daily lives.
The model forms the acronym BELLS and stands for:
- Bless people, both inside and outside the church
- Eat together, sharing meals with believers and nonbelievers
- Listen to the guidance and direction of the Holy Spirit
- Learn to follow the pattern Jesus has left us
- Sent see ourselves as missionaries in our own communities
Frost explains how each of these things can become natural, so that they are not another thing to add to our to-do list but things we integrate into our lives.
A well thought out book with great ideas for practical implementations of how to become more missional.